Subway Shift Leader
The Shift Leader contributes to the success of Estep & Company, INC. through assisting in the daily operations of the restaurant. The Shift Leader’s responsibility is to direct the operation of the restaurant, in the absence of the General Manager and/or Assistant GM, while maintaining the highest standards of food quality, service, cleanliness, safety and sanitation by directing and supervising team members. Shift Leader is also responsible for handling issues with team members, food suppliers and guests directly, then escalates them to the General Manager/Assistant GM when necessary. Live by the core vales: ~Genuine Hospitality, Exceptional Quality, and Remarkably Clean~
Key areas of responsibility:
- The ability to provide supervision during assigned shifts.
- Provides team members, and guests with a positive experience and atmosphere.
- Manages both FOH and BOH shift responsibilities to include scheduling of staff to minimize overtime and achieve daily labor controls and cost as assigned by management.
- Monitors speed of service to ensure a positive guest experience.
- Handle guest comments and complaints.
- Supervise daily shifts to ensure Subways standards, product quality and cleanliness is maintained.
- Assist in the ongoing training of team members, including new hires as well as existing staff to make certain Subways procedures and processes are followed.
- Performs line checks as necessary.
- Enforce uniform policy and standards.
- Ensures proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Opening and closing of restaurant in the absence of upper management.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing.
- Must be able to spend 10% of working time sitting.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 25 pounds and be able to transport up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our Guests and team members in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English).
- Reliable transportation.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-year experience within the food service industry; supervisory experience a plus but not required.
- Worked in a fast paced environment.
- Retail experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Subway - Estep and Company Inc.
Estep & Company Inc. began with one small Subway store in 1990 with just six team members. Our present day operations consist of 42 Subway Restaurants and just over 800 employees.
From the very beginning, we have always felt that our strength as a company starts and ends with taking care of each and every customer across the counter. Even though customers come to Subway to satisfy their hunger, they also have an emotional need to fill. When they hand over that $5 bill, we need to realize that they are handing us our paycheck and in exchange for that we need to give great customer service. We like to think of our Team Business Leaders as pilots that fly on a mission. All other team members give support to keep the mission going on a day to day basis. Estep & Company Inc. believes that we are not in the food business but we are in the people business.
We take great pride in our store operations and want to be the very best in the Subway brand. As a company we are constantly looking to improve our operations in every facet of our business. This takes a huge effort by everyone in our “TEAM.” At Estep & Company Inc., we believe that our “TEAM” will be the difference makers in our future growth.
We feel that we have been very blessed by God in the growth of our company and we want to be able to be a blessing to others. Whether it is for just a short time or a lifetime, we believe that our employees come into our lives for a reason. Estep & Company Inc. wants to be a “history maker” in the Subway brand and in the lives of the “TEAM” that are employed with us.
Company Website: estepandcompany.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)